[whatwg] List Headers

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Wed Feb 4 13:55:44 PST 2009

Garrett Smith wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:
>> As an example of this, consider the element summaries in the HTML 5
>> Reference, the attribute list has the heading Attributes, but that heading
>> is not meant to affect the document's outline and doesn't appear in the TOC.
>>  I had to use class="no-num no-toc", which is recognised by anolis (the
>> spec's pre-processor tool), to avoid it being included in the TOC.
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/#the-elements
>>
>> But note that the issue itself doesn't affect just lists.  The same issue
>> occurs for the DOM Interfaces sections, but that content isn't marked up as
>> a list, and I'm also considering changing the attributes to use a table
>> instead of a list, providing the attributes and associated descriptions.
>
> Is this what you are referring to:-
>
> | <h4 id="reflecting-content-attributes-in-dom-attributes"
> | DOM attributes</h4>
>
> ?

No, you're looking at the wrong document.  I was talking about the
markup I used in the HTML Reference, not what's being used in the spec.

   <h5 class="no-num no-toc" id="attributes-1">Attributes</h5>
   <ul>
   </ul>

   <h5 class="no-num no-toc" id="dom-interface-2">DOM Interface</h5>
   <ul>
     <li>
       <pre class="idl">interface ... {
};</pre>