[whatwg] Dates and coordinates in HTML5

WeBMartians webmartians at verizon.net
Tue Feb 24 17:55:25 PST 2009

I think the problem with ISO-8601(:2004?) is that while it is precise, total support requires a large code footprint and effort
(durations, intervals, compressed formats and so on). I seem to remember that there is some kind of conflict with something in
Javascript regarding years that are represented by strings of more than four characters: years preceding 999 BCE (or 1000 BCE?) or
subsequent to 9999 CE.