[whatwg] HTML 5 : Misconceptions Documented

Lachlan Hunt lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au
Sun Jan 18 12:23:18 PST 2009

Mike Wilson wrote:
> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>> There will not be, at least in Opera, Firefox or Safari, new
>> modes added beyond the existing no quirks, limited quirks and
>> quirks modes.
>
> Do you reckon all, or only some of, these modes will implement the
> HTML5 spec? (and differ only in css/rendering)

As far as the HTML quirks are concerned, they will all hopefully be
specced.  The three modes are defined in the spec already and many of
the quirks have already been documented, or are at least mentioned as an
issue in the spec.

See this section:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#no-quirks-mode

Some of the rendering quirks may be addressed in the rendering section
of this spec, though it would be nice if the CSS WG would document a lot
of the relevant issues themselves.  However, I don't believe they have
any plans to do so at this stage.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/