[whatwg] HAVE_ENOUGH_DATA firing the "play" event unconditionally?

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Sun Jan 4 20:20:52 PST 2009

The spec says:

If the new ready state is HAVE_ENOUGH_DATA
The user agent must queue a task to fire a simple event called canplay,

Should it only fire "canplay" if the previous ready state was
HAVE_CURRENT_DATA or less? Otherwise, going from HAVE_CURRENT_DATA to
HAVE_FUTURE_DATA to HAVE_ENOUGH_DATA would fire "canplay" twice.

Rob
53:5-6]