[whatwg] Trying to work out the problems solved by RDFa

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Fri Jan 9 16:02:51 PST 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Ben Adida wrote:

> SearchMonkey, which you continue to ignore, is an important use case.

When did I ignore it? I discussed it in depth in my e-mail in December,
listing a number of use cases and requirements that I thought it
demonstrated, and asking if there were any others I'd missed.

> Before I invest significant time in responding to your barrage of
> questions, I'm looking for a hint of objective evaluation on your end.

All I'm trying to do is evaluate things objectively. I don't know how much
more I can "hint" towards this.

Indeed, every question I asked in the aforementioned e-mail had no reason
_other_ than to enable me to objectively evaluate the proposals.

> > Note that search engines aren't the problem here
>
> Actually, we were discussing SearchMonkey, so I think it's very much the
> context for this sub-thread.

I meant that search engines weren't the problem when it came to spam.
Search engines can deal with distributed spam. The techniques developed to
combat distributed spam don't really work on the scale of a single user's
machine and browser.