[whatwg] Fuzzbot (Firefox RDFa semantics processor)

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Sun Jan 11 20:20:32 PST 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009, Martin Atkins wrote:

> The disconnect you're facing is that the proposers of RDFa consider the
> ability to encode RDF triples to be a goal, while you consider RDF
> triples to be a solution to a (as-yet-undetermined) higher-level
> problem. They take RDF as a given, while you do not.

Agreed.

> They have already solved some problems with RDF and wish only to adapt
> this generalized solution to work in HTML, while you wish to re-solve
> all of these problems from the ground up.

I don't necessarily wish to resolve the problems -- if they have existing
good solutions, I'm all in favour of reusing them. I just want to know
what those problems are that we're solving, so that we can make sure that
the solutions we're adopting are in fact solving the problems we want to
solve. It would be irresponsible to add features without knowing why.

> If this is accurate, then it's difficult to see how continued discussion
> on this topic can be productive.

Well presumably if the RDF and RDFa communities have already solved some
problems, it will be possible for them to tell us what those problems are.

That's all I'm asking for.