[whatwg] Name for WHATWG "Members"

Anne van Kesteren annevk at opera.com
Sat Jan 17 08:05:07 PST 2009

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:47:55 +0100, Larry Masinter <LMM at acm.org> wrote:
> Those are the "members". Everyone on the mailing list is a "mailing list
> subscriber".

Yes, the suggestion was to make an editorial change to how we call
"members" since people on the interwebs are confusing the two (members and
contributors). Most likely because at the W3C a "member" is what the
WHATWG charter refers to as "contributor". As I understand the proposal,
what is now called "members" becomes "steering committee members" and what
is now "contributors" becomes "members"; seems like a good idea to me.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>