[whatwg] RDFa is to structured data, like canvas is to bitmap and SVG is to vector

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Sun Jan 18 10:48:02 PST 2009

On 18/1/09 19:34, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2009, at 01:32, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
>> Are you then saying that this will be a showstopper, and there will
>> never be either a workaround or compromise?
>

> Are the RDFa TF open to compromises that involve changing the XHTML side
> of RDFa not to use attribute whose qualified name has a colon in them to
> achieve DOM Consistency by changing RDFa instead of changing parsing?

I don't believe the RDFa TF are in a position to singlehandedly rescind
a W3C Recommendation, ie.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-rdfa-syntax-20081014/.

What they presumably could do is propose new work items within W3C,
which I'd guess would be more likely to be accepted if it had the active
enthusiasm of the core HTML5 team. Am cc:'ing TimBL here who might have
something more to add.

Do you have an alternative design in mind, for expressing the namespace
mappings?

cheers,

Dan

--