[whatwg] RDFa is to structured data, like canvas is to bitmap and SVG is to vector

Nils Dagsson Moskopp nils-dagsson-moskopp at dieweltistgarnichtso.net
Sun Jan 18 13:53:39 PST 2009

Am Sonntag, den 18.01.2009, 21:30 +0000 schrieb Eduard Pascual:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:22:40 +0100, Shelley Powers
> > <shelleyp at burningbird.net> wrote:
> > http://annevankesteren.nl/2009/01/xml-sunday shows the commentor (who by the
> > way seems to be on your side in this debate) simply forgot to escape
> > <self-closed /> and then WordPress somehow messed up in an attempt to fix
> > it. I don't think anyone tries to make you "shut up".
> >
> Ouch! Thanks Anne for the screenshot, otherwise I wouldn't have known
> that it was my comment the one causing the issue.
Which is why I disabled Wordpress autofixing. My suggestion would be: If
it doesn't validate, either reject it or escape f*cking everything.

(No, please don't point out that I'm using Wordpress as well and
vulnerable to similar things.)

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Shelley Powers
> <shelleyp at burningbird.net> wrote:
> > You're not seeing all of the markup that caused problems, Anne. The
> > intention was to crash the post.
> I don't really know how much did I mess up the markup on that post;
> and I only managed to fix the issues that I spotted from the preview
> page, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more issues. Once more,
> I would like to clarify that this was not intentional; but, given the
> tension arising again from this debate, I can understand your
> reaction.
Apparently just bad Software not validating input. In the end I'm unsure
what people are unruly about - anyone can explain what is the big deal ?

Well-formed cheers !
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>