[whatwg] .tags on HTMLCollections

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Jul 14 02:58:30 PDT 2009

On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:50 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Support for HTMLCollection.tags() in WebKit predates the fork from
>> KHTML. So we don't know why it was originally added.
>
> I guess the other question is whether you feel it's worth keeping...

I don't know of a reason it's needed for collections other than
document.all. But it also doesn't seem harmful and I can't say
definitively whether it helps anything. I wouldn't object to removing
it from the spec, but we probably wouldn't remove it from WebKit short
of evidence that it's actually harmful.

Perhaps Opera people can shed more light on the matter.

Regards,
Maciej