[whatwg] Codecs for <audio> and <video>

Jeff McAdams jeffm at iglou.com
Wed Jul 1 04:43:00 PDT 2009

timeless wrote:
> I also don't like how people enjoy a good run of corporation hunting.

> First you go after Microsoft. Then you go after Google. Then you after Apple.

Many (most?) corporations choose to operate under a heavy veil of
secrecy (*particularly* Apple).  That choice is also a choice to open
themselves up these criticisms.  These corporations have to take the
good with the bad.  If they chose to operate with greater transparency,
then they would almost certainly come into less criticism.

I have exactly zero sympathy for Apple, MS, and Google, for the
criticisms they have received.  They choose to operate in secrecy, then
they choose to be the target of these criticisms.

Suck it up.

--
Jeff McAdams
jeffm at iglou.com