[whatwg] Codecs for <audio> and <video>

Kristof Zelechovski giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
Mon Jul 6 22:43:49 PDT 2009

Audible mouse feedback is an OS thing, not an HTML thing.
I would rather have programmatic access to the MIDI synthesizer rather than
be able to simulate it with a beep.
How do you detect that the client mixer is too slow?
Why can't you just get the premixed jingles from the server?
Isn't the reading voice a CSS thing?
Isn't sound transformation hard enough to deserve a complete API?  I think
allowing playing with binary audio data is not going to help most
programmers who do not have the slightest idea of how to deal with it.
Imagine a Canvas interface with PutPixel only.
IMHO,
Chris