[whatwg] Rel and META values

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Tue Jul 7 03:32:17 PDT 2009

Five days ago I wrote:
> No META value will *ever* become a microformat; the very concept of
> invisible metadata is anathema to microformats—it's impossible for a
> META keyword value to pass the microformats process.
>
> Should everything on the wiki page be marked as "unendorsed" or,
> more realistically, should the conditions for acceptance be altered?

I've updated the wiki page for META values, removing the reference to
the microformats process.
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions#Process

Meanwhile, back on the Rel values wiki page...
http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/RelExtensions

Can anyone help with either of my questions:

> 1. Should I change all of the values derived from XFN from
> "proposal" to "accepted" as they seem to fit this criteria?
>
> 2. I don't think passing the buck to the microformats community is
> necessarily a good idea. There are perfectly  good values listed
> (e.g. rel="accessibility") that would/should probably never become a
> microformat but are still good semantic values. Will they really be
> rejected outright?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

--