[whatwg] Serving up Theora <video> in the real world

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:18:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs at apple.com> wrote:
> I don't think we did anything intentional in 4.0.2 to break detection of
> XiphQT. If you have a solid reproducible case, please file a bug. On the
> other hand, I suspect the canPlayType fix will have shipped by the time we
> manage to do any fixes for the navigator.plugins technique.

It may even be something about the XiphQT install that changed.

Or, more significantly, something the XiphQT install can fix. If so we
don't have the problem of where we can't tell Safari users to install
XiphQT (because if they do they'll just continue to get the message).
At the moment we're just going to have to tell Safari users to install
Firefox 3.5 though.