[whatwg] getImageData/putImageData comments

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 10 17:59:41 PDT 2009

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I don't see why the imagedata API isn't suitable for that. It's not like
> if you're painting that on the canvas you'll want to leave the last row or
> column unaffected. You'll want to clear it or some such, in practice.

I believe in this case the page actually wants to create a canvas for
each intermediate state, so needs to create canvases sized 1 imagedata
pixel smaller than a given canvas....  Just painting to a canvas of the
old size isn't right, since it'll then take too much space in the layout.

-Boris