[whatwg] Storage Events for a Specific Storage Area

Joseph Pecoraro joepeck02 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 07:51:23 PDT 2009

> We could make Storage into an EventTarget and also fire events on
> there,
> sure. As Jeremy said, this is something that might best be done in the
> next version; we're still trying to get the current features
> implemented
> in a stable and consistent fashion as it is.

Sounds great.  Although wouldn't now be the best time to introduce
something new?  Its not a breaking change (theoretically), its an
additional feature.  Its my understanding that most of Web Storage is
undergoing changes (B-trees and SQL orthogonally), but the Storage
interface is not going to change much?  Is that because of current
browser support?

> In general, though, I don't think it's critical, since you can
> easily work
> around it by checking which was changed based on the event data

Fair enough. =)

> (I agree that your proposal would have made more sense. I'm sorry my
> learning experiences have such a detrimental effect on the Web! :-) )

We're all learning. =P

> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--

- Joe