[whatwg] Drag and drop - keyboard support

Aron Spohr aron at aspohr.de
Thu Jul 16 01:19:38 PDT 2009

Hi Ian,

--- Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote on Thu, 16.7.2009:
> The drag-and-drop model described in the HTML5 spec is input-device-
> agnostic. If implementations don't support keyboard drag-and-drop (e.g.
> copy-and-paste) then you should bring this up with the relevant vendors.

I don't think the spec for Drag and Drop is fully agnostic as it stands right now. A lot is obviously up to the vendor how and how much functionality they want to implement in their user agent. But I believe that there is a minimum set of requirements we should consider to make Drag and Drop truly agnostic. When you find the time I'd really appreciate your comments on this post:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2009-July/020981.html

Thanks
Aron