[whatwg] Nested list

Keryx Web webmaster at keryx.se
Thu Jul 16 09:58:01 PDT 2009

On 2009-07-16 09:59, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:

> I personally like the idea of getting rid of span, div, and all other
> semantically useless elements but I don't think that's the goal of
> HTML5.

FWIW, div's do have semantic meaning.

And what if you really want to style something, but not attach semantic
meaning? Or if you want to make your own additional semantics using
classes? Keeping span is really a good idea!

And: If you don't find them useful, nobody is forcing you to use them.

And this discussion is useless, since neither span or div is up for any
discussion about exclusion.

--
Keryx Web (Lars Gunther)
http://keryx.se/