[whatwg] Rel and META values

Jeremy Keith jeremy at adactio.com
Wed Jul 22 04:49:40 PDT 2009

Hixie wrote:
>> 1. Should I change all of the values derived from XFN from
>> "proposal" to
>> "accepted" as they seem to fit this criteria?
>
> Sure.

Done.

> All we  really need is a core group of strong-minded people who are
> willing to own
> this problem and maintain this list responsibly (saying no to most
> proposals, demanding rigorous specs for those they accept, preventing
> duplicates, documenting existing practices and implementations, etc).
> The "community" right now is defined as the microformats+w3c
> communities.
> I'd like a more dedicated community, but that doesn't just happen on
> its
> own -- someone has to step forward and own that process. It's a lot of
> work, and if we are to have continuity and stability in the process,
> it
> would have to be someone willing to commit to this for many years.

I'll raise this with the microformats community. While I don't the
microformats community itself is the right group for this job, I think
that many of the people in the community would be well-suited (and
have experience).

I'll be sure to make the longevity of committing to a new community
process clear.

Bye,

Jeremy

--