[whatwg] Installed Apps

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Tue Jul 28 10:19:26 PDT 2009

To clarify - I said that *persistent workers* could restrict x-domain
network access. I didn't mean to imply that you could apply this same
reasoning to hidden pages - I haven't thought about hidden pages enough to
comment about the implications of that, since as you mention there are many
more network access methods for hidden pages.
You do have a good point, though, and that is that if hidden pages *or*
persistent workers need to be able to display UI to the user (for example,
to prompt the user to enter their gmail credentials when they first start up
their computer), it has some implications for popup spam.

-atw

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>