[whatwg] Installed Apps

Michael Davidson mpd at google.com
Tue Jul 28 21:39:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM, Peter Kasting<pkasting at google.com> wrote:
> Not at all.  Malware can't set up a darknet using cameras.  Your CPU, disk
> and RAM are much more valuable to a malicious coder than your camera.

Personally, I'd rather have my CPU and RAM used to send spam than to
have pictures of me in my underwear publicly placed on Facebook. I
suspect I'm not alone among the general internet-using population. ;)

What do you think about the idea of making a web app install have the
same look-and-feel as a native app install?

Michael