[whatwg] Installed Apps

David Levin levin at chromium.org
Tue Jul 28 22:16:17 PDT 2009

It feels like this has become a discussion of which dangerous feature is
more dangerous....
Several browsers (or browser like things) have mechanisms for allowing the
installation of potentially dangerous things.

For example, FireFox has the extension install mechanism.  Google Chrome
has/must have something for extensions.  There is Prism and various html
desktop gadget engines. So far, it sounds like many folks are saying these
persistent contexts belong more to this domain. Is it interesting discussing
the api/behavior for things exposed in that domain?

dave