[whatwg] Security risks of persistent background content (Re: Installed Apps)

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Wed Jul 29 15:05:45 PDT 2009

What happened to my idea for browsers to have a special window containing
tabs for "background apps", which save screen real estate by just showing an
icon and title (and a URL or domain?) and no actual tab content? You might
modify the UI so that quitting the normal browser leaves this window open,
possibly as a separate OS app. Seems to me that this would provide almost
exactly the desired functionality but without introducing new security
concerns and without requiring a trust decision.

Rob
53:5-6]