[whatwg] Exposing EventTarget to JavaScript

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 1 18:09:31 PDT 2009

Alex Russell wrote:
> Think bigger. I want to create a concrete Element class (that's what a

As a minor nit, a <span> is basically an HTMLElement, not an Element.

> and make it subclassable (or treat it as a Trait for purposes of composition) so
> that we can do a component system that lets you introduce new elements
> that act sanely both in the HTML and JavaScript senses.

This has pretty serious security issues of various sorts, depending on
what your subclassing would allow you to override.

-Boris