[whatwg] Limit on number of parallel Workers.

John Abd-El-Malek jam at google.com
Wed Jun 10 15:01:34 PDT 2009

The current thinking would be a smaller limit per page (i.e. includes all
iframes and external scripts), say around 16 workers.  Then a global limit
for all loaded pages, say around 64 or 128.  The benefit of two limits is to
reduce the chance of pages behaving differently depending on what other
sites are currently loaded.
We plan on increasing these limits by a fair amount once we are able to run
multiple JS threads in a process.  It's just that even when we do that,
we'll still want to have some limits, and we wanted to use the same approach
now.