[whatwg] H.264-in-<video> vs plugin APIs

Michael Dale dale at ucsc.edu
Sun Jun 14 22:49:11 PDT 2009

I have requested that a few times as well...  Some went so far to even
make a mock up page: http://people.xiph.org/~j/apple/preview/

It would or course be much more ideal if we could get the component into
quicktime codec lookup system. Is there any criteria or process that has
been made publicly available? Are there any guidelines or special
request mechanisms that we have missed? Eric or anyone at apple reading
this list: if you have _any_ information as to how a codec component
gets into the quicktime codec lookup system; it would be great if you
could inform us.

--Michael Dale