[whatwg] Script loading and execution order for importScripts

Mike Wilson mikewse at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 8 01:20:09 PST 2009

Jonas Sicking wrote on 8 mars 2009 05:59
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:
> > In general i think i prefer this model, despite the fact
> that we end up not
> > being able to execute js while waiting for later scripts to
> load, it's seems
> > much more reasonable to give not have side effects if any
> of the resources
> > has a basic non-execution dependent fault.
>
> Why do you think it's important not to have side effects for syntax
> errors but don't think it's important to not have side effects for
> run-time errors? Given that we simply can't fix the latter, I don't
> see any advantage to users to attempt to fix the former.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

A counter argument may be that there is a higher probability the
developer has implemented recovery from run-time errors (try/catch
plus cleanup) than implementing handling for "application
doesn't fully load" errors. What do you think?

Best regards
Mike Wilson