[whatwg] Coordinates and measurements in HTML5

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 17:16:42 PDT 2009

        <http://microformats.org/wiki/geo-extension-nonWGS84>

and in message <LlwnU2ch9DpJFwEK at pigsonthewing.org.uk>, I wrote:

>a more widely-scoped "measurement" element, capable of taking, for
>example, values of "duration", "length", "mass", "temperature", etc.;
>and a value; and perhaps a schema (defaulting to SI), would perhaps be
>more useful. Use cases are microformats, plus translation, automated
>conversion, sorting, etc.

which might look like:

        <measure type="length">5cm</measure>
or:
        <measure length="2.5cm">1 inch</measure>

Those suggestions seem to have been lost, in the discussion of <time>

Any thoughts?

Bruce subsequently preferred <place> for the former, while on
reflection, I think <geo> might be more appropriate, given that it's
derived from the "geo" property in vCard.

--
Andy Mabbett