[whatwg] Canvas origin-clean should not ignore Access Control for Cross-Site Requests

Jerason Banes jbanes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:07:35 PDT 2009

I think this is an excellent point. I've been playing with the Chroma-Key
replacement trick demonstrated in FireFox 3.1b3:
https://developer.mozilla.org/samples/video/chroma-key/index.xhtml
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Manipulating_video_using_canvas

For my own experiments, I grabbed a green-screen video from Youtube and
converted it to OGG. If the access control were in place for Canvas, I could
have done direct compositing on an embedded video from TinyVid. Which would
open up some interesting possibilities for video mashups on the web.

Thanks,
Jerason