[whatwg] <time>

Mikko Rantalainen mikko.rantalainen at peda.net
Mon Mar 16 06:59:02 PDT 2009

Tom Duhamel wrote:
> that the use of non Gregorian is to be supported, I would go with the later
> solution (allow non Gregorian as the content only, and have the datetime
> attribute always defined as a Gregorian date), since that would not put much

How about specifying that the content of <time> element will be parsed
for the date only if 'datetime' attribute is empty. In addition, the
spec should explicitly say that if the content is time in any other
calendar system but Proleptic Gregorian calendar then the datetime MUST
contain equivalent time in standard format (whatever the spec for
'datetime' will be).

--
Mikko