[whatwg] localStorage + worker processes

Jeremy Orlow jorlow at google.com
Mon Mar 23 11:41:59 PDT 2009

One thing that hasn't been considered yet is some sort of optional hint to
say "I'm done" in terms of accessing localStorage.  Maybe call it
localStorage.checkpoint() or localStroage.commit()?

As far as the browser implemenation is concerned, a call to this function
would be the same as the script ending.  The great thing about this is that
if a developer found one problem location in their code, they could add
it--but it'd be completely optional.

This could be used in conjunction with most of the other ideas already
floating around.