[whatwg] Asynchronous file upload

Ionut G. Stan ionut.g.stan at gmail.com
Sun May 10 17:24:26 PDT 2009

There appears to be some W3C activity regarding this problem. There is a
draft about
file uploads[1] which is edited by a Mozilla employee. This is not
accidentally. As of Firefox 3
we have the possibility of Ajax file uploads. The API resembles pretty
much the draft.

Also, Safari 4 and Chrome 2 - WebKit in other words - provide an API for
the same purpose,
but it has less to do with the above mentioned standard draft.

I've written an extensive post [2] about the API in Firefox 3. Maybe it
will help you.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileUpload/publish/FileUpload.html
[2] http://igstan.blogspot.com/2009/01/pure-javascript-file-upload.html

--