[whatwg] Cross-domain databases; was: "File package protocol and manifest support?"

Drew Wilson atwilson at google.com
Tue May 19 18:00:39 PDT 2009

One alternate approach to providing this support would be via shared,
cross-domain workers (yes, workers are my hammer and now everything looks
like a nail :) - this seems like one of the canonical uses of cross-domain
workers, in fact.

This would be potentially even more secure than a simple shared database, as
it would allow the application to programmatically control access from other
domains, synchronize updates, etc while allowing better controls over access
(read-only, write via specific exposed write APIs, etc).

-atw