[whatwg] on bibtex-in-html5

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at gmail.com
Fri May 22 07:57:56 PDT 2009

Just to put a fine point on this ...

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or consider the user or developer who can't figure out how to
> represent their data in bibtex-in-html5 because its designers simply
> didn't consider it. In that case, "people" go elsewhere, or invent
> their own solutions.

.. a zotero forum post from earlier today:

<http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/7138/export-patent-information-as-bibtex>

So, user has a "patent" item stored in their database. When they go to
export it to bibtex, much of the data gets lost.

I probably wasn't clear enough in my list posts, but I'd prefer that
the bibtex stuff be removed entirely from the spec. It'd be fine,
however, if it was in a non-normative document apart from the spec.

I'd also prefer that microdata itself be removed in favor of RDFa, but
I proposed an alternative approach given the way this has gone so far
(namely that this effort seems a fait accompli).

Bruce