[whatwg] page refresh and resubmitting POST state

Kornel Lesinski kornel at geekhood.net
Sun May 24 11:10:27 PDT 2009

On Sun, 24 May 2009 17:40:21 +0100, Mike Wilson <mikewse at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Aryeh Gregor wrote:
>> You should spell out the existing problem carefully  and in
>> great detail, including existing solutions or workarounds, to
>> get the best response.
>
> I certainly intend to do this once I get feedback on whether
> this subject is relevant for HTML5, or any other whatwg spec
> (preferrably from people involved in authoring these). Time
> is limited and I would like to only spend this effort if
> applicable to spec work.

It depends what solution is chosen - browser behaviors and HTML elements/attributes are in scope of HTML 5, but HTTP methods and headers not so much.

>> I don't think refresh is a big deal.
>
> I've been using refresh/resubmit as an easy example so that
> everybody knows what I am talking about.

Hm, now I don't :)

Can you re-state the problem you want to be solved? I thought you wanted to avoid browsers asking question whether they should re-submit POST.

> When/if this subject seems to relate to the HTML5 effort, I would like to contribute to a larger discussion on these kinds of topics.

If the problem affects web applications and browsers, then that's probably good place to discuss it.

--
regards, Kornel Lesinski