[whatwg] Worker lifecycle

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Thu May 28 02:29:24 PDT 2009

I just checked in a substantial change to the lifetime model for workers.
Instead of being bound to their ports, which became especially hard to
implement for shared workers, they now just live as long as the Document
that created them (all of the Documents that obtained them, for shared
workers), with this ownership inheriting to nested workers.

I also removed the various ways to observe the lifetime, namely .active
and the 'close' events.

I hope this will make the shared workers easier to implement. Please let
me know if this screws anything up for dedicated workers.