[whatwg] should async scripts block the document's load event?

Brian Kuhn bnkuhn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:22:39 PST 2009

No one has any thoughts on this?

It seems to me that the purpose of async scripts is to get out of the way of
user-visible functionality.  Many sites currently attach user-visible
functionality to window.onload, so it would be great if async scripts at
least had a way to not block that event.  It would help minimize the affect
that secondary-functionality like ads and web analytics have on the user
experience.

-Brian