[whatwg] WebStandrd for theme

Markus Ernst derernst at gmx.ch
Tue Nov 3 00:55:52 PST 2009

narendra sisodiya schrieb:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Nikita Popov <privat at ni-po.com> wrote:
>> narendra sisodiya schrieb:
>>> Many blogging site like posterous has theme editor for their
>>> blog/website. It is a xml file looks more like html. Following file
>>> was a long file which I have edited and deleted the unnecessary
>>> content. I think this is a non-standard way to design theme. Do we
>>> have any standard to such requirement ? OR we do not need any standard
>>> at all for such requirement.
>>>
>>> PS: I have searched on FBML too. Google says, It is a propri. standard
>>> of facebook.
>> In the document you provided I couldn't find any tag using the fb-namespace.
> The deleted content was having fb markups, My concern was more on
> {{something}} type of things. To me it looks highly non-standard.

Yes. Re-read the next part of Nikitas Answer:

>> All the other things, like {something}, are a typical method to mark up
>> things to be inserted in Templates. They are processed by a templating
>> engine. And I really do think that things like this don't belong to HTML,
>> they are many templating systems, many PHP developers have their own (as I
>> do) using markup that's convenient for them.

This means that the {something} type of things are processed by a
template application on the web server; they will typically be replaced
by the appropriate HTML output, before the code is sent to the client
(your browser). Check the source code in the browser to verify this.
There is no standard for server-side template systems; HTML covers the
client side.