[whatwg] elemen.onFocus instead of window.onhashcange ?

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:16:15 PST 2009

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:24:13 -0500, Mike Taylor
<michaelaarontaylor at gmail.com> wrote:

>> PS: Please ease on the JavaScripting on the WHATWG version of the
>> spec. I've got a quite old computer and Firefox freezes on me when I
>> visit that page too often. Is all of that needed? Or don't old UAs
>> matter to such an backwards compatible spec?
>>

> Are you aware of the multi-page spec (
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/)?
> The single page version will bring any browser to its knees.

Webkit browsers (Safari Win32 for example) handle the single page version
really well even on ancient computers.

However, if you still want the single-page version (becauses it's easier
to search) for Firefox, Opera and IE, you can use
<http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/?slow-browser>, which
will make things better (although you lose some advanced features on the
page).

--
Michael