[whatwg] unexpected use of the CORS specification

Mike Ressler mressler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:16:17 PST 2009

I think that Silvia was implying that a URL shortening service could respond
with Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*<http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/#access-control-allow-origin-response-hea>or
some such header to signal to the browser that this domain serves
resources in a cross-origin fashion.  This would allow the browser to
eagerly fetch the resulting URLs to aid in user interface hints without
having to eagerly fetch URLs that aren't "shortened".

Mike