[whatwg] Proposal: Extension to the base element

Nikita Popov privat at ni-po.com
Mon Nov 9 06:49:18 PST 2009

Fabian Freiburg schrieb:
> PROPOSAL
> The "base" element is very helpful. Trouble is that it affects all
> relative links and "src" attributes. Especially for the "src"
> attributes it would be very useful if it could define a context or
> media type to which it belongs. With this it would be possible to
> define a "base" URI fore. g.  images, javascripts or stylesheets.
> Furthermore it would be very easy to use a CDN for serving static
> media files. There are probably some more advantages.
I don't really understand why or when you need this addition. I
personally use <base> only if I rewrite the URI to some sub-directory
stuff. (index.php?page=download&action=view&name=foobar gets
/download/view:foobar)

Or do you want to use it to specify, that all images can be found in
upload/images/?

MfG Nikita Popov