[whatwg] validationMessage

Scott González scott.gonzalez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:37:51 PST 2009

Wouldn't the UA be written for a specific language that would be independent
of the language the page's content is written in? For example, a user in
Spain would be using a UA with a Spanish locale (the UA's menus, dialogs,
button labels, etc. would all be in Spanish). If that user were to visit a
page written in French wouldn't the content generated by the UA still be in
Spanish? So an alert would contain a message in French, but a button in
Spanish. I would expect the same thing to happen with validation messages.

As for the suggestion of the validation message just being a constant, you
can just check the validity state if you want to provide custom messages.