[whatwg] stepMismatch with value < min or value > max

TAMURA, Kent tkent at chromium.org
Sun Nov 15 22:48:02 PST 2009

<input type=number min=0 step=2 value='-1'>
<input type=number min=0 max=4 step=2 value=5>

Should input.validity.stepMismatch return true in these cases?
The spec simply says:
     "that number subtracted from the step base is not an integral multiple
of the allowed value step, the element is suffering from a step mismatch."
and doesn't mention the relationship with rangeUnderflow and rangeOverflow.

So I think stepMismatch should work even if value is less than min or
greater than max.  I'd like to clarify it.

--
TAMURA Kent
Software Engineer, Google