[whatwg] localStorage mutex - a solution?

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 25 09:16:19 PST 2009

On 11/25/09 6:20 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>     - script calling a method implemented in native code on a host object

If this is a MUST, this seems like a possible compat issue depending on
whether the method is native or library-provided, at the very least.
There's also been talk at least in Gecko of self-hosting some DOM
methods in JS (e.g. getElementById), at which point they will no longer
be implemented in native code.

I'm not sure this is a fatal issue (and I haven't been following this
thread closely enough in general to be sure of anything); just pointing
out that it's an issue.

-Boris