[whatwg] The new content model for <details> breaks rendering in MSIE5-7

Dean Edwards dean.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 10:56:55 PDT 2009

On 04/10/2009 18:11, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Dean Edwards<dean.edwards at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 04/10/2009 15:51, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>>
>>> <dt>    only requires extra hacks in two browsers that are on the way
>>> out.  Given a little bit more time they'll be gone completely, and we
>>> can stop worrying about this.
>>>

>> I'm sorry but you are really understating the problem here.
>
> Can you elaborate?  Are there rendering problems in any other
> browsers?
> Is there something else I'm missing?  Is this too many questions in a
> row?

MSIE5-7 usage is currently between 25% and 30%. It will take a number of
years before it becomes insignificant.

The two hacks you mention are fairly hideous. One of them can
potentially prevent other scripts from executing.

We've gone full circle on this subject now. We are starting to repeat
ourselves.

-dean