[whatwg] Is there any reason for the continued existence of enctype attribute at the form element

Mark Kaplun mark at marksw.com
Mon Oct 5 09:48:02 PDT 2009

I have only learned now that there is a "text/palin" option that I have
never heard of, so maybe I'm wrong, but my impression is that there are
only two forms of form, a textual and a file upload. IMHO the browser
can inspect the form before submitting it and decide by itself what is
the correct encoding to use.

Can the use of this attribute be deprecated, be valid only for backward
compatibility?

Mark.