[whatwg] framesets

Peter Brawley pb at artfulsoftware.com
Fri Oct 9 13:39:33 PDT 2009

Eduard,

 >Everything that can be achieved with <frameset> can be done through

If that's so, someone ought to be able to point at some examples.

Supposing that someone can produce examples, the argument for removing
frames from HTML5 becomes: "frameset has been in HTML till now, /but is
being removed because we do not like it/. If you insist on such use
cases, re-architect them." That's a misuse of standards.

 >What'd be the point of keeping two sources of issues when one can be
 >enough to cover all use-cases?

If your premiss is correct, backward compatibility.

PB

------