[whatwg] Navigation events generated during unload

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 13 07:03:25 PDT 2009

On 10/13/09 7:00 AM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>>>      http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/html/navigation/unload/same-origin/004.html
>>
>> But in this case the form action is same-origin with the load that's
>> happening....
>
> As it is on the other one:
>
>     http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/html/navigation/unload/cross-origin/004.html

In the "cross-origin" test, the load that's happening is that of
"http://another.domain.libpr0n.com/pass" while the form action is
"http://www.hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/html/navigation/unload/cross-origin/pass"
as far as I can tell.  Those are not same-origin, right?

> The navigation algorithm goes through an asynchronous phase (waiting on
> the network, doing some sniffing in the background), but once it goes back
> to the synchronous stage where unload is fired, everything else happens in
> one go; there's no spinning of the event loop between the old page
> getting unload, the page being unloaded, and the new page being put into
> the session history and brought up.

Aha.  Perfect, thanks.  The text in the spec had just made it sound like
the async phase happened _after_ one started parsing the new document.
Good to know that's not the case.

-Boris