[whatwg] Transparent Content

Ian Hickson ian at hixie.ch
Tue Oct 13 15:16:06 PDT 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Yuvalik Webdesign wrote:

> Anyway, Perhaps this will do?
>
> "If a transparent element were to be removed but its descendants were
> kept as they are, the content should remain conformant."
>
> Or:
>
> "Any transparent content should be conformant as if its transparent
> containing element did not exist."

Unfortunately both of these can be interpreted as saying that the element
and all its children disappear -- "kept as they are" implies kept as
children of the element; "[parent] element did not exist" implies the kids
aren't in the tree, etc.

> But again, perhaps the added example makes things clear enough. Just
> trying to help.

Your help is much appreciated. I'm glad the example helps.