[whatwg] framesets

Mike Ressler mressler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 09:51:57 PDT 2009

PB,

I think the point Rimantas is making is that you aren't bookmarking that
node.  The fact that one node in the treeview represents one table row
leaves out the reality that the node contains a URL and that clicking on the
node simply submits a URL to your application and awaits an HTML response.

Users of the application are bookmarking the URL that the application uses
to retrieve that row and format the response as HTML.  So, as Rimantas
mentioned, since the browser owns the bookmark (and therefore the URL) and
the application itself owns the semantic knowledge of what that URL means,
the application is the appropriate agent to control what is done when that
URL is submitted to it.

I thought you had agreed a while ago that there are a lot of inventive ways
of disallowing bookmarking of the particular row in a treeview?

Mike